Zaporizhia State Medical University is known in Ukraine and the world:
- the first heart and liver transplant in Ukraine (Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Prof. OS Nikonenko);
- the first domestic endoprosthesis of the knee joint “Motor Sich EPK-1”;
- a number of domestic original drugs (“Thiotriazoline”, “Thiocetam”, “Thiodarone”, “Levotil”, “Amyotril”, “Indotril”, “Carbatril” (Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Prof. IA Mazur);
- modern technologies of distance learning of entrants and distance-ocular advanced training of doctors, pharmacists, and teachers of medical and pharmaceutical institutions of Ukraine.
- On June 12, 2014, Zaporizhzhya State Medical University received a certificate of compliance of the quality management system with the requirements of DSTU ISO 9001: 2009 (ISO 9001: 2008), registered in the Register of the Certification System “ROSUKRSERT” № 8О059-0315-14.
- scientific journals of ZSMU “Zaporizhzhia Medical Journal”, “Pathology” and “Current issues of pharmaceutical and medical science and practice” are included in the international scientometric databases.
- in 2016, the scientific journals of the University “Zaporizhzhia Medical Journal” and “Pathology” were included in the most prestigious international scientometric database Web of Science.
- in 2017, the team of ZSMU scientists was awarded the prize of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine for the development and implementation of innovative technologies.
- In 2018, the scientific development of the rector of ZSMU, Professor Kolesnik Yu.M. awarded the State Prize in Science and Technology.